Iron Addicts Forums  

Go Back   Iron Addicts Forums > Diet/Nutrition > Nutrition, Diet, Supplements, and Recipes

Old 03-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
Ritalin

Ritalin is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Homeotherapist says i dont absorb protein very well..

Hey guys,

I realize that there are probably simpler explanations for my lack of progress but when i bulk i take in 350-400g of protein as well i put on fat so i figure its not my diet.

A homeotherapist i go to told me that my body does not absorb protein very well and could also explain why my immune system is below average.

I have a tendency to overtrain or burnout pretty fast oftentimes witnin 4-5 weeks although my training is to blaim as well.

I didnt tell her i weightlift nor did i tell her about my immune system she infured this through her testing.

So is there a way to verify her claim, or is there a way to help my body absorb protein or is this genetic and am i doomed?

Thanks for the help.

Bulking

"I'm a bodybuilder.......just not a very good one."

Last edited by Ritalin; 03-24-2006 at 10:49 PM.
Ritalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
Siberian

Siberian is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm not sure but i would think digestive enzymes would help. did she say it was because of low stomach acid? if so betain hcl with some pepsin would definitely be beneficial. there are all types of digestive enzymes, run a search and you should come up with some of the better ones to take.
Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
Ritalin

Ritalin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian
i'm not sure but i would think digestive enzymes would help. did she say it was because of low stomach acid? if so betain hcl with some pepsin would definitely be beneficial. there are all types of digestive enzymes, run a search and you should come up with some of the better ones to take.
I have Betain HCL but not sure if it can help if my body has problems with absorbtion rather than digestion but i am considering other digestive enzymes specifically for protein just not sure how effective they will be.

I also bought some Bromelain and Papaine enzymes does anyone know if they are any good?

Bulking

"I'm a bodybuilder.......just not a very good one."
Ritalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:49 AM   #4
discuslifter
Jacked and Tan

discuslifter is on a distinguished road
You can't absorb what you don't digest. Do you have low stomach acid? Pancreatic insufficiency? Not chewing well? Poor "eating hygiene"? Or dare I say too much protein?

I'd try betaine HCl with some digestive enzymes along with practicing good eating habits and see what happens. I'd also back off on the protein while you fix your digestion.
discuslifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absorb, homeotherapist, protein